Post Abortion Recovery
The scars of abortion are often so deep that women and men have difficulty sharing their pain with others. They may isolate themselves from others thinking there is something wrong with them. Women ask, “How can something that is a woman’s right hurt so much?” More often than not, her emotional response is due to her grieving the loss of her child. This grief is an appropriate response. (1) Symptoms of Post Abortion Distress (2) include but are not limited to:
- Guilt, Being Secretive
- Inability to “forgive self”, Sleep Disturbance
- Shame, Sorrow, Self Punishment
- Anger, Self-Degrading
- Depression, Self-Condemnation
- Anxiety, Alcohol/Drug Abuse
- Hopelessness, Suicidal Thoughts
- Panic, Promiscuity
- Flashbacks/Nightmares, Feeling Isolated
Post Abortion Recovery is here to provide a safe place for you to receive encouragement, healing, forgiveness, and restoration through the truth of God’s grace and love. Through a support group/interactive Bible study led by trained facilitators, you will discover that THERE IS HOPE! All group meetings are free and confidential.
Please contact the Center today at 828-322-4272 for a women’s program or a men’s program.
Begin your journey toward healing....you'll be glad you did!
(1) Cochrane, Linda, Forgiven and Set Free: A Post-Abortion Bible Study for Women (Grand Rapids: Baker Books, 1996), 9.
(2) Cooter, Judy et al, Facilitating Biblical Healing (Greenville: Baker Publishing Group, 2016).